Friday, July 15, 2011

Almost have coordinated coupons...

Good grief -
Not sure how I managed to talk myself into a 6 hour session sitting Indian style on the floor with what felt like 5 trillion coupons around me... but victory was mine this past weekend. The best is that I look back now and it almost feels "foggish"... yes Mom's way is best... write things down, file them, and be consistent about both. I am a new "coupon-er" not like the show, yet. I don't have an extra room of my house for food, my cupboards hold the basics on a good day. There isn't 25 packs of diapers that I don't need anyways taking up space in a closet. Nope, I am not that type of coupon-er. I am however learning the "skill" and timeliness necessary to cut everything at least by 50% if not much more... so yes - I am getting good, maybe.

I think it was the best step last night when I went with my 7 year old to Cub Foods and with 3 people behind me I, in an organized manner (for the first time EVER) handed in the proper order my stack of coupons to the cashier. The total on the screen was initially over 70.00, but as she, very efficiently I should note, scanned the coupons, all of the people in line behind me watched the total drop. The final was $26. I actually heard a "Wow" from a gentleman two people back. My son looked at me and said "Cool mom... your way is best, this time"

Gotta love kids... he was right, that time mom's way was the best. Now on to the organizational chaos of my house, my files, my yard, my job, and overall writing, oh and coupons of course. One step and one blog post at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment